Firefly Magic Twilight Festival Season
SEASONAL event in November and December each year.
Fireflies are different every night. Book online to experience this show from nature.
Live music weekend nights with Natures Beat.
Twilight is that enchanting hour between day and night when creatures of the forest stir from their afternoon slumbers and venture out to play.
Firefly Magic Twilight Festival Season is a unique festival of NATURE at the beautiful Australian Rainforest Sanctuary in Ourimbah on the Central Coast of NSW. Bookings online open in October and are required so our local daily microclimatic weather updates can be provided.
The “Fireflies” come out at Dusk and like humidity. However displays vary nightly, so we suggest the evening be treated as an opportunity for a twilight stroll and chill out under the stars for an evening BYO picnic.
You may see a handful of fireflies or hundreds or too many to count. We have no control over the nightly displays. See our BLOG for more information. Our fireflies appear at a later time each night throughout the season but only around dusk for less than one hour. Dusk or twilight is the time our fireflies come out each night. It is when day time becomes night time.
Book now to Experience the Magic of this unique natural night time light show by our fireflies which happens each year in November and December. It varies each year with the weather and climate. Join our mailing list to find out when we first see them each season. Walk in the Rainforest at twilight (dusk) and enjoy this natural night spectacle.
Firefly MagicTwilight Season Entry Prices 2017
Tuesday to Thursday
- Adults: $35.00
- Student: $30.00
- Pension Card: $20.00
- Children: $20.00
- Family (2 + 2 ): $90.00
Friday to Monday
- Friday & Monday – Guided Tours
- Sat & Sun – Firefly Talk at 7pm
- Sat & Sun – Live Music(weather permitting)
- Adults: $50.00
- Student: $50.00
- Pension Card: $50.00
- Children: $25.00
- Family (2 + 2 ): $125.00
BYO torch – essential for feet – walkways are dark.
Guest can bring a picnic dinner to have in our picnic area, take some time to wind down and get into the rhythm of the forest before taking a self guided Rainforest walk. It is important to take a 1 hour day light walk and decide where in the Rainforest you want to be to view the Firefly Magic before the Fireflies come out at dusk.
It is not recommend for unsteady, disabled, unfit or elderly people as it is a single path with uneven surfaces needing a torch at night.
We recommend visitors walk the track on arrival. This will orientate and familiarize you with the track in day light before your night adventure. You do not need to do the whole 1-2 hour walk to look for the fireflies at dusk.
Because we are a bio-climatic rainforest, we may need to close for weather or safety conditions and will send an email if this occurs. Please check via email with us 24hours in advance of your visit if you are concerned about rain.
- A torch is recommended for footsteps – not for viewing.
- Bring your own drinks and food.
- Park closes at 9pm.
- The Australian Rainforest Sanctuary is a natural light area.
- Wear sturdy walking shoes.
- No head torches or bright torches or iPhone torches allowed.
- This is a wildlife park with a zero waste – tread lightly policy. Rubbish needs to be taken with you. Please secure rubbish in your car to prevent the animals from eating any food.
The best conditions to see our Fireflies are listen to the guides and to turn your torch off and stand still and make no noise in the Rainforest at your selected spot for the night.
- Must Book with Management.
- Prepay and Reserve a Pergola and Tour Guide a week prior to visit.
- Additional costs for the Tour Guide and Pergola.
- Extra numbers cannot be added to the booking at the time of your visit.
- Added Safety Precautions Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Organisers of groups must ensure all members of the group have been informed in their own language:
- Of the Zero Waste Tread Lightly Policy in the Wildlife Park
- Use of western toilets and septic systems
- Our sturdy shoes requirements
- Not to attempt to catch or touch any fireflies
- Not to use torches on the walk and the variability of the nightly displays.
Firefly Magic Conditions of Entry / Rules
- Any person using an inappropriate torch will be required to buy an appropriate torch from our kiosk.
Penalties will be imposed for breaches of these terms and conditions.
- No bags are permitted on the walking trails.
- Please bring a sturdy sealed animal proof container to protect your food and belongings when you enter the park for the walks.
- Food is not allowed on the walking trails.
- Toilets are only located in the picnic ground so make sure they are used before going for your walk.
- Finally the fireflies live along a natural watercourse. The park regularly floods in certain years. When this occurs the trails are covered in water and it is unsafe to enter. It is possible that your car could be destroyed by flooding and rising creek levels so it is possible that we may have to close the park due to safety reasons because of local bio-climatic conditions. If an evening is cancelled for these reasons an alternative night will be offered.
- We have a no refund cancellation policy except where we cancel due to adverse weather safety concerns.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person
- Not suitably dressed.
- Arriving late.
- Disobeying any of the park rules.
- No bags are permitted on the walking trails.
Why not collect some food and have a picnic before entering the forest to see the Fireflies. We have organised food discounts with some local businesses. Mention you are attending the Fireflies at the Forest of Tranquility to receive discounts at the following takeaway food outlet:
Mohr Indian 2/39 Pacific Highway Ourimbah. 43622826 (10% for Firefly Magic customers)
Cancellation and Indemnity
If site and weather is too wet flooded or unsuitable – park entry is transferable to another day. No refunds for cancellations.